Irrfan Khan: The End of Pi





Today is April 29th. For a few moments, the entire country stopped obsessing over Coronavirus, to express sorrow towards the tragic loss of Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan at the age of 53. It is a huge loss for the Indian film industry. Known for his subtle and effortless acting, he did complete justice to every role throughout his career. Irrfan Khan was one of Indian cinema's finest actors and among its most successful ambassador in Hollywood.

He made his mark in Bollywood with movies like Maqbool and Haasil. I never watched these movies. I think it was a mistake now, but I will surely watch them soon. As far as I can remember, the first time I watched him act in a movie was Life in a Metro. I was blown away by his acting in Lunch Box. I also admire his versatility. Be it a comic role or a serious one, he never disappointed.

He lacked the looks for a traditional Bollywood romantic lead but made his name as a character actor in Hindi cinema and Oscar-winning Hollywood productions like Life of PiSlumdog Millionaire. His demise has surely left a big hole in the heart of Indian cinema.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will the 2020 F1 Season be Williams’ Road to Redemption?

Lockdown and the Migrant Mess

I am Done with Lockdown